Operations Supervisor, Nottingham, £16-25k
RH Recruiting have a fantastic opportunity for an Operations Supervisor to join our client, a well established waste management business at their site in Nottingham.
To be responsible and accountable for, the effective and efficient co-ordination of the Nottinghamshire Integrated Waste Management Contract in relation to the Logistics Department operations and development of services to meet the agreed recycling targets.
* Supervise and drive cost effective teams, sites and operations, providing services to the highest standards.
* Manage sub-contractors / third party maintenance providers and services
* Ensure the Company's targets are at least met or exceeded for: Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental performance / Environmental and quality compliance / Financial performance / Business and personal objectives / Recycling Target Performance
* Provide for effective internal and external communications and to liaise and work with the Client, where appropriate, regarding all aspects of the responsibilities
* Liaise and work with all appropriate regulatory bodies
* Carry out any other duties which may be required, which could from time to time include working from another depot.
* Experience in operating relevant waste management services and/or facilities
* Proven ability to lead, motivate and manage others
* Level 4 COTC Hazardous Waste Transfer
* National Certificate in Professional Competence in Road Haulage
* Supervisory / Leadership qualification
* Proven ability to demonstrate initiative and decision making qualities
* Ability to operate effectively as a team member as well as act on own initiative, manage workloads for self and staff
* Good communication, presentation and organisational skills
* Understanding of relevant Health and Safety and Environmental legislation
* Flexible to accommodate the requirements for the job
To apply for this position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference RLQ882
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Nottinghamshire, Nottingham
Salary : £16,000 - £25,000
Date Advertised : 12 Feb 2013
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.