Graduate Sales Engineer
Role: Graduate Sales Engineer
Salary: £20,000 - £30,000 + bonus + pension + 28 days holiday (rising to 33)
ATA Recruitment is working with a leading company which designs, supplies
and services capital equipment into industries such as power generation,
nuclear and energy. Based in the heart of the Midlands they are now looking for
a Sales Engineer to support the Sales Director in order to achieve their
ambitious growth plans.
Over the next 10 years they are looking to achieve 10% year on year
organic growth and in order to achieve this, they need to recruit a talented
and experienced Sales Engineer to join their business.
* Ideally a degree in Mechanical or Electrical / Electronic Engineering
however, HNC & HND level candidates will still be suitable.
experience in Sales, Contracts, Projects, Proposals, Tendering, Bid,
Candidate will ideally have a background dealing
with Rotating Equipment such as Gas Turbine, Steam Turbine, Diesel Engines,
Pumps, Valves or Compressors.
* Candidates from within the Power Distribution industry from products
such as: Switch Gear, Isolators, Bushing, Circuit Breakers, Resistors,
Enclosures, Transformers and Surge Generators will be highly suitable.
* Reporting directly to the Sales Director your role will be based
out of my clients UK site in Leicestershire.
* 65% of your time will be spent dealing with existing customers and
35% targeting brand new customers within the UK and European Power Generation,
Energy, Nuclear and Oil & Gas sectors.
* You will be responsible for both equipment sales and service / MRO
* 50% of your time will be spent field based, half in the UK and half
* Initially you will have an existing client base to target, you will
be responsible for managing existing relationships, meeting all clients
over the course of the first 12 months to establish any current or up and
coming projects, and to secure opportunities to tender for those projects.
* The other 50% of your time will be spent in the office generating
appointments, liaising with clients to establish opportunities to meet and
tender, preparing and creating tender documents, producing quotes,
pricing, specifying equipment, BOM's, working to specifications and working
closely with your CAD team to assist in final designs.
* During this process you may have several meetings with the client
to finalise, change and clarify any criteria within the specification.
* Once the business has been secured you will be responsible for
handing with over to the project management team to manage post sales.
* You will from time to time also be required to assist in post-sales
project management when additional project support is required within the
Success in this role over the next 7 years will see
the role progress into a more sales manager / directorship role, this
progression will however be dictated by your success and progress within the
Please contact Marie Burdett (Talent Resourcer)
on 0116 2167000 or email email@example.com . Alternatively click the 'Apply' button below.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : leicester, derby, nottingham, loughborough, coventry, colaville, leicester, derby, nottingham, loughborough, coventry, colaville
Salary : £20k - 30k per year + bonus + pension + car
Date Advertised : 28 Jan 2013
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.