Job title - Inspection Manager
* To take ownership of the inspection process across all products.
* To be the first point of contact for shop floor inspection enquiries and issues.
* To carry out initial assessment and advice on non-conforming issues from the machine shop and sub contract operations.
* Technical responsibility for inspection resources, training and approval of inspectors. To define improvement plans where inspectors are performing below target.
* Continuous development of inspectors' skills and knowledge and inspection techniques in order to achieve 0% escapes.
* To liaise with production to ensure inspection priorities are assigned and completed.
* To maintain discipline and competence levels/requirements for Inspectors.
* Ensure inspection instruments are available, adequate and calibrated.
* Drive the introduction of inspection plans across all products. Drive the standardisation of inspection controls and methods.
* Champion the work card adherence/discipline.
* Close involvement with the production team, ensuring high standards are maintained and systems challenged and developed.
* Act as company champion for FAIR process.
* Drive an improved inspection performance against quality escapes to customers with 0% escapes target.
* Define, monitor and drive KPI for Inspection process to deliver improvements.
* Carry out full investigation and implement solutions when quality escapes occurs.
* Continuously evaluate the Deviation Reports (DR) database and update to best support the identification of priority improvement areas.
* To assist with projects from Quality Management as and when required.
* Liaison with customers and site visits as required.
* To work in a safe manner in order to satisfy Health and Safety legislation and to avoid accident or injury to people, machinery or property.
* Carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required within the jobholder's capability consistent with the Terms and Conditions of employment.
Qualifications, skills, attributes, experience required
* Previous experience in a similar position within an engineering environment that was subject to quality standard controls, preferably ISO9000, JAR 21 or other Aerospace Standard.
Experience/Knowledge of Aerospace Engineering standards
* Well motivated with ability to work to exacting targets within a team, and a structured approach to problem solving and continual improvement and the ability to motivate, delegate and support staff.
* The successful candidate will need to have the enthusiasm and attitude to drive through the goal of complete inspection.
* This job description is current at the date issued. Changes in the laws of the country, technology, customer demands and the requirement to improve efficiency for the survival of the Company, may require changes to be made at future times. You will be consulted about any such changes as they arise.
* Monday to Friday (early finish on Friday)
* Good benefits, bonuses package
* Fast paced Aerospace environment
* Nottinghamshire based
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Nottingham, Derby
Salary : £30k-£35k
Date Advertised : 15 Jan 2013
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.